MOVING TO COLORADO SPRINGS
Is a Colorado Springs relocation in your future? We have all the resources you need.
We’ve pulled together links to connect you with the county, city, home builders, Realtors, school districts, safety information, parks and more.
WHAT IS THERE TO DO IN COLORADO SPRINGS?
- Order a free printed Official Visitor Guide
- View the online Official Visitor Guide
- Colorado Springs Travel Info Mobile App (iPhone, iPad & Android)
- PeakRadar Online Calendar
- Colorado Springs Calendar
WHAT COUNTY IS COLORADO SPRINGS IN?
HOW DO I CONNECT WITH THE CITY?
- City of Colorado Springs
- Connect Colorado Springs (new organization to quickly connect you to your new community!)
- Experience the Springs (1.5-day tour of the city to learn its history, infrastructure, leadership and hot topics)
WHERE CAN I GET INFORMATION ON SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES?
WHAT IS THE CLOSEST AIRPORT?
WHERE CAN I GET COLORADO SPRINGS BUS SCHEDULES AND INFORMATION?
WHAT IS THE COST OF LIVING?
WHAT K-12 SCHOOL DISTRICTS ARE IN THE AREA?
- Academy School District 20
- Cheyenne Mountain School District 12
- Colorado Springs School District 11
- Falcon School District 49
- Fountain Ft Carson School District 8
- Harrison School District 2
- Lewis Palmer School District 38
- Manitou Springs School District 14
- Widefield School District 3
WHAT HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS ARE IN THE AREA?
- Colorado College
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- United States Air Force Academy
- Pikes Peak Community College
- Regis University – Colorado Springs Campus
- Colorado Technical University – Colorado Springs Campus
- DeVry University – Colorado Springs Center
- Webster University
- Colorado Christian University
WHAT PARKS AND TRAILS ARE IN THE AREA?
- Garden of the Gods Park
- Trails & Open Spaces
- Cheyenne Mountain State Park
- City Parks
- El Paso County Parks & Trails
WHERE CAN I GET INFORMATION ON HISTORY, ART & CULTURE IN THE REGION?
- Community Arts & Culture Calendar
- Cultural Office of the Pikes Peak Region (COPPeR)
- Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum
- Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center
WHAT ARE THE AREA NEWSPAPERS?
- Colorado Springs Business Journal
- Colorado Springs Independent
- West Side Pioneer
- Colorado Springs Military Newspaper Group
- Catholic Harold
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE?
HOW CAN I GET INFORMATION ON EXISTING HOMES AND GET IN TOUCH WITH A REALTOR?
HOW CAN I GET IN TOUCH WITH A HOME BUILDER?
WHERE CAN I GET SAFETY INFORMATION?
HOW DO I GET MY COLORADO DRIVERS LICENSE?
HOW TO I GET A LICENSE FOR MY PET?
WHAT JOB OPENINGS ARE IN COLORADO SPRINGS?
- Gazette Classified Listings
- City Employment Opportunities
- El Paso County Employment Opportunities
- Nonprofit Employment Opportunities
HOW DO I START A BUSINESS IN COLORADO?
- Colorado Secretary of State
- Colorado Springs Regional Business Alliance
- Colorado Springs Small Business Development Center
- City of Colorado Springs
- El Paso County
WHAT AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS DOES COLORADO SPRINGS HAVE?
Colorado Springs consistently ranks at the top of a variety of national and international lists.
- No. 1 – Money, “Big Cities to Live In”
- No. 1 – Outside Magazine, “Best Town”
- No. 1 – Forbes, “America’s Most Pet-Friendly City”
- No. 1 – Men’s Health, “Best Cities for Dogs”
- No. 2 – Men’s Fitness, “Fittest City in America”
- No. 2 – Women’s Health, “The Best Places to Live for Women”
- No. 2 – Livability, “Cities for Veterans”
- No. 2 – InsuranceProviders.com, “Safest City in the United States”
- No. 3 – Hellawella, “Fitness-Focused Cities”
- No. 3 – Men’s Fitness, “Top Sports Town”
- No. 3 – Earth Day Network, “Best Places to Live”
- No. 3 – Car and Driver, “Top 10 Best Drivers’ Cities”
- No. 3 – FedSmith, “Best Southwest City for Defense Jobs”
- No. 5 – Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, “Best Cities to Live, Work and Play”
- No. 5 – Kiplinger, “Great City for Young Adults”
- No. 5 – MSNBC, “Best Cities to Live, Work and Play”
- No. 6 – Forbes, “America’s Most Wired Cities”
- No. 7 – American Lung Association, “ Cleanest U.S. Cities”
- No. 7 – Backpacker Magazine, “Best Places to Raise an Outdoor Kid”
- No. 8 – Business Week, “Best Places to Start Over”
- No. 8 – Sunset Magazine, “Fittest City in the West”
- No. 9 – Forbes, “America’s Best Bang-for-the-Buck Cities”
- No. 10 – Forbes, “Best Places for Business and Careers”
- Top 10 – Fox News, “Least Obese Metro Areas”
- Top 10 – Kiplinger, “Great Cities for College Grads”
- Top 10 – U.S. News and World Report, “Green Places to Retire”
- No. 10 – GALLUP – 2012 Least Obese Metro Area
- No. 11 – ERC & Primacy Relocation, “Best Places to Relocate”
- No. 11 – The Boyd Company, “Best Places to Build a Data Center”
- No. 13 – The Advocate “Gayest City”
- No. 12 – Cooking Light Magazine, “America’s Healthiest Cities”
- No. 14 – FreeBackgroundChecksUSA.com, “Safest Cities in America for 2010”
- No. 15 – Portfolio Magazine, “America’s Top 25 Smartest Cities”
- No. 15 – Partenting.com, “Best City for Families”
- No. 17 – Farmer Insurance Group, “Most Secure Places to Live”
- No. 17 – RelocateAmerica, “Top 100 Places to Live”
- Top 25 – American Style, “Mid-Sized U.S. City Art Destination”
- CNN Money’s – 10 Best Places to Retire 2013